A blog for members of the Journalism 4551 class at the University of Minnesota.
ARCHIVES
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 / 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 / 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 / 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 /

Site notes

Powered By Blogger TM Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Other sites
Blogumentary
Metafiler
Daypop
Blogdex
New Media Culture

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Hey guys-

I just got back from watching "The Passion of the Christ", and let me tell ya, it was way violent. I'm not one to say if this is an accurate depiction or not because who really knows? I think that's why it's causing such an uproar, because religion is such a soft subject with many people, and no one can say what really happened. As far as other Christ movies, there has been some, as Martin Scorsese's "The Last Temptation of Christ" caused uproar too. There was also "The Ten Commandments" from the 50's, and a mini-series called "Jesus of Nazareth" - not sure if those were controversial though. Anyways, I would recommend seeing "Passion" if you are interested in that, othwerise it's nothing much to miss.

As far as my favorite movie goes..... there's no way I can pick a favorite movie, I love so many. Any Chevy Chase movie is hilarious, I also love horror films, as I own all Friday the 13th's and Nightmare on Elm Street's =) Anyways, Taxi Driver is one of my all time favorites too. If there ever was a movie that I could watch over and over again it would be "Friday" with Chris Tucker and Ice Cube because it's so pointless but hilarious. And you know thissss, mannnnnnn
Comments: Post a Comment