A blog for members of the Journalism 4551 class at the University of Minnesota.
ARCHIVES
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004 / 03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004 / 04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004 / 11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004 /

Site notes

Powered By Blogger TM Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Other sites
Blogumentary
Metafiler
Daypop
Blogdex
New Media Culture

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Hello everyone!!! Yeah, what is all the hype about the Mel Gibson movie comming out?? I don't understand why it is such a big deal. Movies are just movies, and all movies portray different opinions and stories - either fictional or non fictional. So why is it so shocking to some people that there is actually a movie portraying Jesus's last days. I'm almost shocked this hasn't been done before. So, in my opinion, I think Mel is doing a wonderful thing; he's using a media he's experienced in (movies) to share Jesus's last days the way he believed it happened. I guess I'm just baffled at how much controversy buzz the film is recieving. Is anyone else surprised?? Not surprised??
And Melissa - great question. It's hard for me to pick one favorite movie because I love so many of them, however, I have to say Shakespear in Love is my fav. I could watch that movie over and over again and still love it. My least fav movie would probably be anything with Kirsten Dunst in it (she just bugs me) with the exception of Mona Lisa Smile.
Comments: Post a Comment